Aluminum titanate (Al2TiO5) is a ceramic material consisting of a mixture of alumina (Al2O3) and titania (TiO2) doped with MgO, SiO2 and ZrO2 in order to stabilize the structure and avoid decomposition reactions. it is featured with low thermal expansion coefficient, low Young’s modulus, high melting point, low thermal conductivity and outstanding thermal shock resistance.
- Very low thermal conductivity (0.9 -1.5 Wm-1K-1)
- Very high thermal shock resistance
- Very low coefficient of thermal expansion (0.2-1×10-6 K-1)
- Low wettability to aluminum and non-ferrous metal melts
Aluminum Titanate has many technological applications, among others, as thermal insulation liner, particulate filter in diesel engines, spacing rings of catalytic converters, in the foundry: crucibles, launders, nozzles, riser tubes, pouring spouts and thermocouples for non-ferrous metallurgy and master moulds glass industries.
Products made from Aluminum Titanate
- Aluminum Titanate Dosing Tubes
- Aluminum Titanate Sprue Nozzles
- Aluminum Titanate Launders
- Aluminum Titanate Riser Tubes
- Aluminum Titanate Auto Ladle