Zirconia toughened alumina (ZTA) grinding bead is a combination of zirconium oxide and aluminum oxide, sintered at high temperature, ZTA grinding beads feature high strength, fracture toughness, elasticity, hardness, and wear resistance. A common combination of zirconia toughened alumina is 10-20% zirconium oxide and rest aluminum oxide. The 20-30% increase in strength often meets the design criteria needed at a much lower cost. Depending on the percentage of zirconium oxide, the properties of our beads can be manipulated for the applications required.
- Compared to alumina beads, the microstructure of ZTA beads are more compact
- At least 2 times better wear resistance performance than high alumina grinding media
- Good performance-price ratio, greatly reduce production costs, and increase grinding efficiency
- non-metal mining such as Kaolin, CaCO3 and silica
- Paint, printing ink, pigment etc
- Metal mining such as gold, copper and zinc & lead etc.
- Powder such as titanium pigment, alumina powder, zircon sand, silicon powder
Typical Chemical Composition
Customized composition or density is available according to clients' equipment,
|Specific Gravity||>3.2 g/cm3|
|Bulk Density||>2.1 g/cm3|
|Item||Size (mm)||Item||Size (mm)||Item||Size (mm)|
*ZTA grinding balls are available per request